History of the 1st Greenock Boys Brigade
The Boys' Brigade was founded by Sir William Smith in Glasgow but the first Company to be formed in Greenock was our own 1st Greenock Company. Although the Company was started on 12th May 1886 it was not officially enrolled until 22nd April 1887 by Thomas H Stewart who came to Greenock as an evangelist and conducted services in the Vennel Hall, then operating under the auspices of St Andrew's Free Church and its minister, Rev Dr J J Bonar. This is the reason we always try to have our Annual Inspection and Display as close to April 22nd as possible.
1st GREENOCK COMPANY ON PARADE IN APRIL 1967
LED BY CAPTAIN ROBIN CURRIE
In the Next 25 Years